|Image Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergonomic|
CVS can be easily avoided using following ways:
- Use proper lighting. Low or very bright lighting will result in strain on eyes. So avoid it. The light should not reflect on screen.
- Choose large fonts during reading (press CTRL + for Mozilla FF or Google Chrome or increase zoom for IE).
- Place the Monitor or Laptop screen at a level so that it is comfortable with the eyes. (see image). Position the monitor 20 to 26 inches away from the eyes.
- After working for 20-30 min, take a break and look away from the computer screen. Blink your eyes to maintain the moisture.. Put your both palms on both eyes for a min. That will relax your eyes.
- Do not work on computer wearing contact lenses for more than 2 hours.
- Use the protective anti reflective screen for monitor.
- Use LCD monitors over CRT ones. The LCD monitors are costly than CRT but are more energy efficient and protective for eyes.
- Regularly check your eyes with ophthalmologist. Ask for computer glasses.
- Use eye drops after consulting your doctor.